Amy is dead! Unlike Elvis Presley or Michael Jackson, there is no suspicion that the British singer is still alive. She lived in another time. Dead, cremated and pointed as the culprit of her early death simply by daring to lead a life without limits, she said: “I was a trouble.”
Fruit of a time when less and less privacy is respected and exhibitionism becomes a habit, your talent and overexposed image succumbed to the excesses of the sponsored vanity.
Vampirized by the voyeuristic tabloid, icons do not have time for healing. They are served in the cafeteria of the media fast food to be eaten before becoming cold meat. But as there is no executioner victim, Amy is dead and cremated.
- 01. Some Unholy War – Amy Winehouse
- 02. Love Me Or Leave Me – Billie Holiday
- 03. In Another Time – Sade
- 04. Here I Am Again – Candi Staton
- 05. Blind Girl – Etta James
- 06. I Know That He’s Mine – Caro Emerald
- 07. Don’t Explain – Nina Simone
- 08. Signing Off – Sarah Vaughan
- 09. ‘Tain’t Nobody’s Bizness If I Do – Bessie Smith
- 10. Release Me – Esther Phillips